12.4.09

Windjammer 2.0

I spoke with my uncle again on Thursday night regarding the re-booting of Windjammer Press. We are talking about using blogging software to re-build the site. Going this route should allow us to get better exposure and more traffic. I'm looking to add a forum where contributors and visitors can start discussions, so it's not just a silent art gallery.

One thing he suggested, and I've been mulling over for a few days now, is finding a way to specialize the site a bit more, so that it's not classified generically as a poetry journal. Midwest poets? Online poets? Something like that--something more defined and thus more apt to come up in specific searches, where the competition to be the top link is less crowded. If anyone has a good thought about this, by all means, toss some phrases out there... I don't intend to drop anyone I've already got archived on the site, but looking ahead I may narrow the submission requirements a bit to fit a theme.

Anyhow, the actual re-launching of the site would probably not be occurring until later in the year, as this is really a side project for both my uncle and myself, and he has actual paying customers who need his talent and attention. But the literary magazine (or whatever it may become in this next iteration) is something both of us need to do, I think, for our own reasons. Because we're both artists at heart.

And that... is really cool.

No comments: