12.6.08

Signs And Wonders

Finished with threshing the mowers sit dead in the pit of this cochlear on-ramp; concentric circles like alien fields blaze with the heat of a June sun at noon. And what scant meanings could attach the image from retina to hypothalamus and back? It’s just municipal trivialities, yet wrings recollection from the sponging cortices. Fifty-seconds later a green arrow still ticks, forgotten for these words. I rush in, jot and expand the thought into a red-tailed hawk unfolded by wind. Cool fall air, crisp blue sky. My how time passes in the mind…

3 comments:

Ann said...

I like this a lot. Very layered imagery.

And...thanks for the helpful (and kind) comments on my poetry last night. I feel a little less inept, now.

Charmi said...

Nice, Mark. Very nice.

Mark said...

Ann - You're quite welcome.

Charmi - Thank you. :)