19.12.07

When Flying Pigs Freeze Over

snow pig BIG
All evidence to the contrary, I have neither:

(a) died, nor
(b) dropped off the face of the planet

Happy Holidays, Everyone! The great beast of an office isn't through with me yet, but I braved tonsils and scaled the larynx just to pop in and say "hello."

Hello.

There will be many New Year's resolutions, up to and including:

#1 - Increasing my presence in social circles & decreasing my presence in business meetings
#2 - Reconnecting with all of my online friends
#3 - Making more artwork in general, be it drawings or paintings
#4 - Attending writers' meetings regularly (and getting Charmi's book back to her!)
#5 - Using more images on my blog, now that I've refreshed myself on the HTML syntax

And showing up at Chicory for readings again. This last time I skipped-out to attend my family's holiday function--totally selfish, right? ;)

Now, I'm off to Livejournal to spread holiday cheer and further evidence of my continuing warm-blooded existence. Fa-la-la-la-la!

Later.

5 comments:

Charmi said...

Were your ears burning? We were talking about you tonight and wondering were and hoping to see you soon!

Can't wait to see you.

Rachel said...

Thank God...I was just saying tonight that I thought you might have died. Sorry things have been so busy for you; I hope you are going to get a little bit of a break now for the holidays.

Looking forward to seeing you soon! Not to mention (fingers crossed) new poetry?

Mark said...

Really, you were talking about lil 'ol me? :)

I'll watch to see when the next meeting is. I need to get back into the craft of words... too many numbers these days.

Mark said...

New poetry... well, there's this one. I think it's the only decent thing I've written all month:


Rise with me upon the swell and
break that bottle over my head.
Let us soak in a parting sweetness.
Your lips are the shore
of a sea that I leave
to sail the waves of your body.
From tropics deep I am gazing northward—
over horizons beacons of intensity,
your eyes, are begging me not to come home.

Charmi said...

Yes, we were talking about you! And the poem is good and you need to get you butt out.

Check the schedule on my blog, but we're meeting next Friday the 28th at the Chicory at 4:00.